CALL FOR ART
AVA's 19th Annual
Art Auction & Fundraiser
Submission Deadline EXTENDED to Friday, November 6th, 2020 at midnight!
Please read all details carefully before submitting
Please read all details carefully before submitting
AVA Community Art Center in Gillette, WY invites artists to submit three (3) artworks for consideration in the 19th Annual Art Auction & Fundraiser. The 2021 art auction will feature forty-five (45) individual artworks in Live & Silent Auctions. Awards for Best In Show, Second Place and Third Place are to be allocated based on a juried selection process. Additionally, three (3) People’s Choice awards will be selected based on public votes and announced during the Artists’ Reception.
Best In Show - $7,000.00
Second Place - $1,500.00
Third Place - $500.00
People’s Choice (3) - $100.00 each
All submissions will be considered by guest Jurors, Elaine O. Henry and Mary Jane Edwards.
To find out more information about Elaine’s professional experience and art, visit: https://www.elainehenry.com/
To read more about Mary Jane Edward's recent exhibition Before Forgotten at the Nicolaysen Art Museum, go to thenic.org/xg_portfolio/552/
Eligibility & Requirements:
• 2D and 3D original artwork in any medium will be considered for acceptance into the exhibition & art auction.
• All work submitted must be Artist’s original work.
- Artwork that will not be considered for inclusion in the exhibition includes:
- Celebrity Portraits or Fan Art
- Giclee Prints or Reproduction Prints of Original Artworks
- Artwork created from a Tutorial
- Direct Copies or Replications of another Artwork belonging to anyone besides the Participating Artist
- Photo Reference or Artwork blatantly infringing on copyright laws
- By entering AVA’s Exhibition, the Participating Artist certifies that he or she holds the copyright for this material and the copyright remains with said Artist. The Artist also certifies that the work submitted is original and does not infringe on any existing copyright. If artwork includes image of any person, artist certifies that a model release for such person has been obtained.
• Each Individual Artwork submission must include at least one (1) and up to three (3) high resolution, digital images.
• Digital image files must be submitted in JPEG, PNG, GIFF or TIFF not to exceed 2400 pixels long side 2MB.
• Label each digital file in the following format: Artist Name/Title/Size
• Artwork Submissions can be completed online at https://www.avacenter.org/2021-art-matters-exhibition-submission-form.html or in-person at AVA Community Art Center, 509 West 2nd Street, Gillette, WY. Call 307-682-9133 for assistance or support with submissions.
• Submitting artists must pay a one-time submission fee of $35.00; only one payment is required for submission of up to three (3) artworks. All entry fees are final and are non-refundable.
• No more than one (1) piece per artist will be displayed for sale in AVA’s Live Auction.
• Work over 2 years old or previously shown at an AVA Event will not be considered for the exhibit.
• Submitted artwork must be finished and display ready when turned in to AVA.
- Artists may frame their own artworks, however finished framing must look professional.
- No sawtooth hangers, clip frames, plastic framing or non-acid free matting or backing.
- Hanging wire and display hardware must be firmly attached and safe for artwork to be hung.
- AVA reserves the right to reject artwork due to framing finishes or may request additional steps are taken by artist before artwork will be displayed.
- Artworks on canvas must be framed.
• Submitted artwork dimensions are restricted to forty inches (40") in any direction, inclusive of matting and framing.
• Upon acceptance, Artists are required to provide a short biography of relevant information pertaining to their artwork and professional artist experiences to be included in AVA Marketing and media related to the 19th Annual Fundraiser. Artists may also provide a business card or appropriate professional links to their website or digital platforms to be included with the purchase of the artwork. Artist bios may be submitted directly to email@example.com.
• Artists must set values on their own work for both a Fair Market Value AND a Reserve Value. Reserve Value must be met during the auctions or the artwork will not be sold.
• AVA’s 19th Annual Art Auction & Fundraiser facilitates annual operational health and longevity for AVA Community Art Center. All proceeds from this event directly support AVA’s mission of enriching lives by building the bridge between Visual Arts and our community.
• Participating artists who commit 100% proceeds of their artwork to AVA Community Art Center will receive one (1) admission ticket to AVA’s 19th Annual Gala and one (1) guest ticket to the event. (Value of $250.00)
• Participating artists may choose to receive a commission split of either 50% or 75% proceeds donated to AVA. Commission splits must be indicated by artists in their submission paperwork.
• Participating artists agree that AVA has permission to use images and reference of artwork for any promotional purposes including print, electronic, and media. Selected artworks will be highlighted in AVA’s social media and marketing campaigns for this event.
• Return of unsold artwork is the responsibility of the artist. In the event that return shipping is necessary, AVA staff will communicate directly with participating artists to facilitate the timely return of artwork.
• AVA reserves the right to decline work that does not meet these requirements, including work that is not submitted to AVA by the due date of November 2, 2020.
• Completed Submission Forms Due to AVA – Friday, November 6th, 2020 by 11:59pm.
• Artists Notified upon Acceptance – Friday, November 20th, 2020
• Artworks Due to AVA – Wed. Dec 16th - Wed. Dec. 23rd, 2020, by 5:00pm
• Gallery Exhibition at AVA – January 4th – 29th, 2020
• Virtual Art Matters Artists‘ Reception – TBD
• Virtual 19th Annual Art Matters Auction & Fundraiser – Friday, January 29th, 2020, 6:00pm
Please contact AVA Staff with any questions at 307.682.9133
AVA Community Art Center is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization
P.O. Box 7145
509 West 2nd Street, Gillette, WY 82716