Advocacy for the Visual Arts Community Center (AVA) is currently seeking a new member to join our team as the
Visual Arts Program Director
Location: 509 West 2nd Street, Gillette WY 82716
Schedule: 10am – 5pm Tuesday – Friday and 10am – 4pm Saturday (May require evenings and weekends in tandem with AVA Events)
Advocacy for the Visual Arts Community Center (AVA) provides services and programming that promote the enrichment of lives by building the bridge between the Visual Arts and our Community.
The Visual Arts Program Director will be responsible for the planning and execution of all arts programming representative of a spectrum of visual arts mediums and skill levels. The Program Director will be integral to building relationships with community artists to facilitate the instruction of engaging workshops and educational opportunities. This position serves as a link between AVA and the community and will primarily be responsible for developing opportunities that advocate for visual arts access and exploration.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee program operations including development, planning and implementation of workshops in cooperation with Executive Director.
- Responsible for program budget building and reconciliation.
- Collaboration with regional artist facilitators to create and implement instructor-led programs.
- Oversee all program outreach, engagement and support.
- Inventory Control of in-house supplies.
- Partially responsible for program marketing.
- Manage aspects of daily operations.
- Reports to Executive Director.
Program Development and Implementation:
- Work with Executive Director to communicate program objectives and metrics, and to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability.
- Promote program expansion and refinement strategies.
- Collaborate with community artist instructors to implement arts programming and events.
- Install a long-term schedule for programs representing a full spectrum of skill sets and visual arts mediums.
- Demonstrate effective strategies for utilizing existing resources and budgets to implement programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Arts Entertainment, Media Management Graphic Design or Art Studies preferred.
- Two Year’s experience in related field (Visual Arts, Program Coordinating, Marketing)
- Leadership experience preferred
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate project management skills, including the ability to create and execute a multi-step plan in order to achieve program goals.
- Detail-oriented and capable of utilizing project management tools to demonstrate that projects are on track and achieving desired outcomes.
- Experience/training in museum or gallery setting
- Customer Service experience
- Must be age 18+
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
- 35k-39k Annually (DOE) – Full-Time Salary
- Two weeks accrued vacation per year
- Sick Leave and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
Applicants are asked to submit resumes with contact references to email@example.com or in-person at AVA Community Art Center, 509 West 2nd Street, Gillette WY 82716. Applicants may also mail their information to AVA at PO Box 7145, Gillette WY 82717. For inquiries or questions, call 307-682-9133.