Advocacy for the Visual Arts Community Center (AVA) is currently seeking a new member to join our team as the
Location: 509 West 2nd Street, Gillette WY 82716
Schedule: 10am – 5pm Tuesday – Friday and 10am – 4pm Saturday (May require evenings and weekends in tandem with AVA Events)
Advocacy for the Visual Arts Community Center (AVA) provides services and programming that promote the enrichment of lives by building the bridge between the Visual Arts and our Community.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for providing customer service, developing and implementing marketing materials, updating business social media pages, managing inventory on-site and online, maintaining customer databases, providing program support, answering phone calls and assisting in daily operations, greeting guests and visitors, providing event and fundraiser support, and assisting with exhibit exchanges.
The Marketing Coordinator will be integral to linking the community with events and programs at AVA. Effective communication with the Program Director is required to develop marketing materials and strategies that positively highlight the services provided at AVA.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service
- Develop and implement marketing materials
- Update business social media pages
- Develop and distribute regular virtual newsletter
- Manage inventory on-site and online
- Maintain customer databases
- Answer phone calls and assist on daily operations
- Greet guests and visitors
- Provide event and program support
- Assist with exhibit exchanges
- Reports directly to Executive Director
- Work with Program Director to understand program calendars and objectives.
- Develop graphics and marketing tools to promote programs at least one month in advance of their scheduled date.
- Utilize resources such as Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact and DonorPerfect to organize and grow marketing services.
- Assist Program Director with contacting community artist instructors to implement arts programming and events.
- Emphasize a positive and inclusive culture at AVA via online communications, including language and media use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Arts Entertainment, Media Management Graphic Design or Art Studies preferred.
- Two Year’s experience in related field (Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Marketing)
- Leadership experience preferred
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with web tools and social media platforms
- Understanding of the foundations of design and aesthetics
- Experience/training in museum or gallery setting
- Customer Service experience
- Must be age 18+
- High School or Equivalent (Required)
- Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- $10-$14/Hour (DOE) – Twenty (20) Hours minimum, Thirty (30) Hours maximum per week
- Ten (10) Days accrued vacation per year
- Sick Leave and Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
Applicants are asked to submit resumes with contact references to email@example.com or in-person at AVA Community Art Center, 509 West 2nd Street, Gillette WY 82716. Applicants may also mail their information to AVA at PO Box 7145, Gillette WY 82717. For inquiries or questions, call 307-682-9133.